Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services
Dealing with childhood and adolescence is challenging enough. Mental health issues can complicate development further if youth do not get the help they need. Nationally, only 40 % of students with emotional, behavioral and mental health disorders graduate from high school, compared to the national average of 76%. Furthermore, over 50% of students with emotional and behavioral disabilities ages 14 and older drop out of high school. This is the highest drop-out rate of any disability group! Our team will equip you and your child with the tools you both need to take control of their mental health.
One of the most common challenges that we face is the misdiagnosis of children. Count on our mental health professionals to offer accurate diagnosis, design a customized treatment plan and provide ongoing support for you and your child.
Turn to Flourish Mental Health for professional diagnosis and medical management for the following:
- Anxiety disorders—characterized by overwhelming feelings of worry
- Depression—persistent feelings of sadness and loss of interest
- Bipolar disorder—extreme mood swings or manic episodes
- Schizophrenia—hearing or seeing things that aren’t there or fear/mistrust of people
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)—anxiety surrounding a traumatic event
- Autism spectrum disorder—a range of developmental disorders related to autism
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD/ADD)—attention difficulty and hyperactivity
- Substance abuse disorder—overuse of a substance leading to significant impairment
- Insomnia—persistent problems falling and staying asleep
- Behavioral issues/school difficulties—issues practicing good behavior in classroom setting